Thursday, March 08, 2007

Here is a basic outline of the first lessons I will be posting.

1. Basic Music Theory
I will run through a quick explanation of music theory. I will skip most technical terms as I see no need to learn them so that we can hurry and see how scales are placed together and chords are made up.

2. Good Verses Bad Music
I will compare some examples of good music and bad music (my opinions of course). I will of course explain in detail the reasons behind my observations.

3. Basic Song Arranging
I will discuss some of my favorite song arrangements by using examples. I will also be explaining skeletal structures and what they are.

4. Layering
I'll show how to build upon a skeletal structure and show broken down samples of how the layers work together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home